My Professional Profile

Relevant. Engaging. Valuable. Combine these consumer-focused elements throughout your integrated communication messages and you have a winning formula for public relations and marketing success. A life-long learner, I strategically seek pivotal happenings, vital trends, leadership qualities, important statistics, and insightful articles, matching them with company objectives and products to provide consumers with self-actualizing benefits.

My more than 25 years of award-winning experience: local radio reporter and anchor, national news network editor, voice-over talent, entrepreneur, PR professional, columnist, seminar speaker, general and direct marketer, strategic marketer, and, since 1993, Internet marketer and social media marketer.

I'm the former (founding) religion news editor for UPI Radio Network in Washington, DC, responsible for anchoring daily national newscasts and producing news reports. Prior to UPI, I was news director at local radio stations in Connecticut and Minnesota. I am a professional narrator for published audiobooks. And I speak on the subjects of social media marketing and public relations (eg, to MBA students at Western Michigan University and to corporations).

Books that have shaped my career: Permission Marketing by Seth Godin, Purple Cow by Seth Godin, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, The Influentials by Ed Keller and Jon Berry, The Long Tail by Chris Anderson (Anita Elberse's study notwithstanding), Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath, and Creating Customer Evangelists by Ben McConnell, Jackie Huba, and Guy Kawasaki.

After 22 years with Zondervan serving in a variety of marketing capacities, my most recent position (Sr. Dir., Corporate & Internet Communications) was eliminated (along with more than 20 others) in a reorganization of the company. I’m believing God wants me somewhere else right now so I'm seeking other opportunities. Do you have one? Let's talk.

Specialties:
Marketing specialties: Internet, mobile, viral, CGM, SEM, retail, direct. Public relations/corporate reputation management. Media coaching. CRM. Market research. Writing. Editing. Voice talent. Strategic planning. Branding. Knowledgeable of Christian publishing market.

Myers-Briggs® Type Indicator: ENTP (Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving)

Strengths Finder® Theme Assessment: Connectedness, Strategic, Achiever, Intellection, Ideation

Click to see my resume cloud (from Wordle.net):

Social Media Marketing Skill

Featured in this presentation are 500 Social Media marketing applications (and links to their websites) that can be leveraged to achieve successful Integrated Marketing Communications

My Resume My Resume Jonathan Petersen The resume of Jonathan Petersen, whose experience includes wire service news editor & radio anchor, and corporate public relations & Internet/social media marketing director. I show business owners how to get famous and grow their business.

My Blog List